I have always loved clean foods, and when I say clean I am talking about those free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives. I like to eat very fresh and raw as well, but of course not all the time. I wanted to share some of my favorite eats and a few natural care products as well in case there are some looking for inspiration and have wondered if a certain product might be tasty or in the case of care products be effective. Everyone has different tastes and needs nutritionally, but since it’s a new year I wanted to share with you all some of my favorites.Of course no one wants to be perfect all the time and there should always be treats in life and variety I believe, but when it comes to foods I eat on a regular basis for taste, energy, and health, these are some of my favorites. I picked all of these up at Whole Foods, but you should be able to find most of them at your local health food store or the health food section at your local grocer.
Favorite go- to in a hurry or just not too hungry nutrition bars
Why: All delicious, filling, and extremely healthy, the kind that gives you happy energy
1. The Greens Super Food bar is amazing, it just tastes fresh. It is full of vitamins and minerals made of all organic whole fruits, vegetables, almond butter, agave nectar, other nuts and seeds, green superfood mix, dates, ect. and all ingredients are minimally processed
2. This Raw Revolution bar is made of all raw ingredients. Besides being delicious, it has hidden nutrients in it like organic hemp protein, flax seed powder, wheat grass powder, spinach powder, and other wonderfully healthy ingredients making this a radiant snack or meal option. To be honest, the lemon flavor isn’t my favorite, I just picked it up, but it is still yummy.
3. This Think Thin protein bar is perfect because it is the only protein bar I have found that actually keeps me full and is healthy as well. It has 20 grams of protein, healthy fats, and zero sugar. My favorite part is that it is all natural. I don’t eat these on a regular basis, but they definitely come in handy when it is a crazy day at work and there isn’t time for a lunch break, or if I am out doing a million things and don’t have time to stop for lunch. This is quick, easy, and yummy to eat. The flavor below is peanut butter and it is my favorite.
I have to admit, it took me a little while to get the courage to try this green drink, mostly because of the color. I love my grapefruit and pomegranate juices, so this color was throwing my off, but I was very much mistaken. You cannot taste the hidden vegetables at, it tastes just like fruit juice, pineapple like. It is full of vitamins and minerals, there is no sugar added, and get this it has 11 1/2 apples, 2 1/3 bananas, 2 kiwis, 1 1/2 mangoes, 1/3 pineapple, spririllina, chlorella, broccoli, spinach, blue green algae, garlic, barley grass, wheat grass, ginger, and parsley. Yes some of these ingredients sound a little scary, but you can only taste the fruit.
These two brands of ‘ice cream’ are simply wonderful. The first is my favorite.
1. It is by SO Delicious and it is made with coconut milk, and coconut cream along with a few other all natural ingredients, there is only one gram of sugar per serving, ten grams of protein, and has heart healthy fats from the coconut. For those of you who do not like the taste of coconut, you’re in luck, because all you taste is the vanilla bean if you get this flavor. Same goes with the other flavors, the coconut is hidden.
2. The second brand is Arctic Zero. You might have seen this in a celebrity magazine, Jennifer Aniston is a fan and I can see why. It is all natural again, has whey protein, 0 fat, low sugar, fiber, and protein. This flavor is vanilla maple and it is delicious. For breakfast, depending on the morning I usually like a piece of sprouted bread with almond butter spread on top because it is healthy, filling but not too filling and gives me energy, a smoothie, healthy pancakes on a Sunday, or these three options below. They are all natural, healthy, full of energy, and in my opinion, delicious. Sometimes I even combine the three.
1. This first cereal, Flax Plus is wonderful. It contains 0.4 grams of ALA Omega 3 per serving~ 25% of the daily value, 4 grams of protein, and very low in natural sugar. It just tastes healthy.
2. The second is oatmeal, which usually speaks for itself. Rich in iron, fiber, and whole grain. I prefer the old fashioned style because it has not been processed. The quick kind has been stripped of some vital nutrients. I like it sprinkled in or by itself hot and cold.
3. This third cereal is also a favorite for many reasons. It is super yummy, has 100% Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12, 25% Vitamin A, 50% Vitamin C, and 10% Iron and Zinc. It also has white tea extract and grapeseed extract in the ingredients. So I still like my 2% milk, especially in my coffee in the morning, almond milk just doesn’t work well for me with coffee because I like it creamy. For cereals, however, I like to use mostly almond milk and then a splash of 2% milk. If I’m out of almond milk, the 2% works just fine, but I prefer the first combination. I love almonds for their nutritional value and this milk has 50% Vitamin E, 25% Vitamin D, and other vitamins with their content listed. It comes sweetend or unsweetened. I get the unsweetened kind and add a packet of truvia natural sweetener to my cereal. This milk isn’t as rich as 2% milk, but it is refreshing and yummy. These tortillas are sprouted, which means they have been cooked at a low temperature with the whole grains sprouted to retain the natural vital nutrients that are often lost with baked tortillas that have nutrients added. Besides the fact they are healthy, they have a grainy/ nutty texture and taste that I love because once again, they just taste healthy, fresh, and delicious. They are both full of vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. For the same reasons mentioned above with the sprouted tortillas, I love finding new varieties of sprouted bread, and these are two of my favorite from Trader Joes.
I love parmesan cheese, it’s delicious and I add it to my salads, recipes, and pasta, just not every day. This below, however, I pretty much eat every day. It is called nutritional yeast. Yes, the name sounds a little funny, but don’t let it throw you off. I mentioned parmesan cheese, because this tastes very similar. It is rich and nutty and extremely rich in B vitamins essential for energy and protein. I especially love this not only for it’s nutritional value and taste, but also because for all of us vegetarians out there, this is a great way to add the missing B vitamins to your diet. You don’t want to eat too much at once, I sprinkle it on my salads and hummus sandwiches in between the cheese and lettuce. I have never been a soda drinker, but for anyone out there who is and is looking for a healthier alternative, try this. The strawberry flavor is probably my favorite, but honestly I like them all including just plain mineral water. Pelligrino water is another favorite of mine. This sparkling italian mineral water is delicious and refreshing with a snap and a light taste of strawberry with natural strawberry flavor. Bonus, there is no sugar added as well.